Roulette is probably one of the easiest games to play. It does not follow a certain rule. It does not have a certain pattern. It does not require certain skills. Many punters are attracted to roulette because of its simplicity. It’s the perfect casino game for beginners or those who are just looking to unwind (and hopefully win some money) after a long day at work. It’s easy to learn, and you, too, can be on your way to massive wins and a lot of fun by learning the best roulette bets to place. Continue reading for our expert knowledge.
Best Roulette Bets to Make
When it comes to 50/50 bets, you can’t get any closer than Roulette evens and odds bets. This is definitely one of the most sought out bets for any casino games enthusiast.
You’ve got 18 even numbers and 18 odd numbers, so your chances of hitting a winning number are almost 1 in 2. Why not quite 1 in 2? Well, that’s because the 0 and 00 don’t actually count as an even number, so your odds of hitting a win are 47.37%.
The Even/Odds bet in Roulette is still a pretty good bet, and anyone that knows a bit about house edge matters understands that these odds are basically as good as it gets.
Any Other 18/38 Roulette Bet
Evens and Odds aren’t the only bets at the casino that gives you great odds. Any bet that divides possible outcomes into two is just as lucrative and can certainly feel like less of a loss if lady luck is not working on your side. The truth these bets are fair.
For example, betting on Black or Red yields the same odds as betting on Evens and Odds is another great way to go and it can truly work to increase your bankroll for other games. And so does betting on the first 18 numbers or the second batch of 18 numbers.
This game is also called the “number grid”. This type of betting requires a minimum wager, $5 for example. The player can place his bet on any number for as long as the amount is not less than the limit set. This betting game is good if you’re bored and just want to spend your time on something.
Split Bet, or Two Numbers
This is played by placing your chip on any of the numbers that will be hit by the wheel of the roulette. The numbers are separated by lines. You will win if any of your numbers will be landed by the wheel. The payout of this game is 11 to 1. Let’s say you’re betting for the numbers 11, 15, and 16, and one of the numbers is hit, you will get $110 for betting $10.00.
This game will let players put their bets outside the grid of the numbers. Let’s set Red and Black as examples. The wager will be placed on the part of the wheel that is near the area of the player. This game can also be manipulated when the banker will control the numbers where the wheel will stop.
If you can find a European Roulette game at a land-based casino or online, you’re better off playing that over the American version. That’s because while American Roulette has 38 numbers, including 1 to 36, 0, and 00, and European Roulette has just 37 numbers.
There’s no double zero in the European version, so it means better odds and less of a house edge, and as we mentioned before, you always need to find games that give better odds and not so much house edge. Always keep in mind that casinos are businesses and they need to profit.
The Odds in Online Roulette
With so many options to bet on, the probability of winning on roulette is bleak. The house, of course, has the advantage. In the case of online Roulette, it has an edge of 5.26%. This edge is less for the European version of online Roulette.
Here is a sample of the odds you have when playing online Roulette.
|Bet||Payout||Odds||Expected Value on a bet of $1|
|0||35 to 1||37 to 1||-$0.053|
|00||35 to 1||37 to 1||-$0.053|
|Straight Up||35 to 1||37 to 1||-$0.053|
|Row 00||17 to 1||18 to 1||-$0.053|
|Split||17 to 1||18 to 1||-$0.053|
|Trio||11 to 1||11.667 to 1||-$0.053|
|Street||11 to 1||11.667 to 1||-$0.053|
|Corner||8 to 1||8.5 to 1||-$0.053|
|Five Number Bet||6 to 1||6.6 to 1||-$0.079|
|Six Line||5 to 1||5.3 to 1||-$0.053|
|1st column||2 to 1||12.16 to 1||-$0.053|
|2nd column||2 to 1||12.16 to 1||-$0.053|
|3rd column||2 to 1||12.16 to 1||-$0.053|
|1st dozen||2 to 1||12.16 to 1||-$0.053|
|2nd dozen||2 to 1||12.16 to 1||-$0.053|
|3rd dozen||2 to 1||12.16 to 1||-$0.053|
|Odd||1 to 1||1.111 to 1||-$0.053|
|Even||1 to 1||1.111 to 1||-$0.053|
|Red||1 to 1||1.111 to 1||-$0.053|
|Black||1 to 1||1.111 to 1||-$0.053|
|1-18||1 to 1||1.111 to 1||-$0.053|
|19-36||1 to 1||1.111 to 1||-$0.053|
Eating the odds is difficult, but the rare win makes up for the chance you take while you play Roulette. If you want to play different variations of this game, simply click on our casino software download option and enjoy!
Calculate Payouts When You Play Roulette Online (American)
Are you getting into playing online casino roulette? We have brought you a guide on how to make the best out of your gaming session by calculating your roulette payouts carefully and like a real pro. Take a closer look at our guide and see how you can master the game in no time!
- When you play roulette at an online casino, the bet with the highest payout is usually a “straight bet” where you are betting on a single number. Taking into consideration that there are 38 numbers total your payout is 35:1 if you. The odds on winning this are 1 on 38 though.
- You can also do a split bet by betting on two different numbers that are next to each other on the table layout. The payout on this bet is 17-1, which not bad at all.
- If you split your bet on four numbers that are adjacent to each other on the table layout, then the payout is 8-1. Remember that combining your bets can result in an increase in your roulette payouts.
- If you bet on colors the payout is even money, so this may not be one of the best choices to bet on while you play roulette online. You can probably make the most of this by combining it with another type of bet.
- Another type of Roulette bet is the even or odd numbers. This one has an even money payout just like betting on colors, so the trick is the same: combine this bet with another type of game during your game to keep things interesting and in your favor.
- Guess high or low. This bet is really easy to understand: a low bet means you are betting that the ball will land on a number between 1 and 18. A high bet means that you will be betting on the ball to land in numbers between 19 and 36. The payouts here are 1:1 which is also not very high unless you are betting lots of cash per spin.
As you can see, calculating your payouts on roulette is not hard at all and anyone can do it, as there isn’t much information to remember all at once.
Now that you have the inside scoop on the best bets to make in roulette, head on over to our games page and try it out for yourself! You can play for free until you feel more comfortable with the dynamics of the game, and then you can turn things up a notch and experience the thrill of playing online roulette for real money. Let the games begin!